Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Colette's Oatmeal Cinnamon Waffles (LOVE THIS RECIPE) - Colette Hokanson

3 1/2 cups oats
3 cups milk or milk alternative
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
Add all ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth. Allow to stand for 10 -15 minutes if possible to allow to thicken. I have to put a little butter on my waffle iron to prevent from sticking. Maybe it's just my waffle iron. You may not have to.
(Another good food storage recipe)

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good, I might get up early to make breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are good! We tried them yesterday and loved them. I used 3 c water and 1 c powdered milk in place of the milk making them even more food storage friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. We tried these again this morning but substituted ground flax for the oil. The batter was slightly thicker and worked well for both pancakes and waffles.

    ReplyDelete